Ever wonder how you can get involved with Heart of Chaos? Have you ever asked yourself “How do I become a member of this phenomenal artisan collective?” Well here’s your answer! Heart of Chaos is now accepting artisan members of all mediums, including performing artists. Our goal is to provide a venue for artists to showcase, promote and sell their work. The best thing about membership is that it won’t cost you anything but a few hours of your time! You know you’ll be attending our events anyway, why not participate?
- First to receive call for artist for HOC group shows (one week prior to everyone else)
- Priority acceptance into HOC group shows
- 50% discount on entry fees
- Listed as a current member on HOC website and other promotional materials with a link to artist website where applicable
- Participate in at least 1 Heart of Chaos Group show in between date of application submission and 12/31/2013
- Volunteer at least 4 hours per show you participate in (i.e. 2 hours at installation and 2 hours at uninstall)
- Assist with promotion of HOC events (I.e. post on social media, share with friends, etc.)
- Speak favorably about HOC within the community
- 15% commission payable to Heart of Chaos, on an honor basis, for all artwork sold at Heart of Chaos exhibits or via Heart of Chaos website. Checks should be made payable to Heart of Chaos and mailed to Heart of Chaos, C/O Joanne Hobbs, 1724 Alberta Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
The fine print: Heart of Chaos reserves the right to revoke membership due to member misconduct at any time. Membership will expire 12/31 each calendar year at which time members can renew by submitting a new application. Members who do not fulfill their commitment to participate or volunteer in a prior year may be denied membership.
*Terms and conditions updated 04/12/13*
Membership applications are reviewed by the Board of Directors on a monthly basis. You will be notified of your application status on/before the last day of the month in which your completed application is submitted.
Having trouble submitting your form? Make sure you’ve filled out all fields, they are ALL required. If that doesn’t do the trick, make sure your email address is in proper email format (i.e. email@example.com). Still having trouble? Contact us.